I really don’t think I’m very interesting so coming up with 10 Things About Me that y’all might find worth reading is really difficult. Sage and Beryl,
the bitches ( I kid!) the bloggers who tagged me with this used different things to tell you about themselves. Since my bedside table holds a large box of “toys”, a smaller box of “toys”, a basket of lubes and hand lotion and books, lots of books, that’s just boring. I’m going to tell you 10 things about me by looking at my “sewing room.”
1. Massage/facial table, steamer, mag lamp, product cart ~ A couple of years ago, I decided I wanted to become an esthetician so I went to school. I’m now a licensed esthetician and body wrapper (not licensed to make mummies, just for body “facials’). I was hoping that I could finally break free of my mind-numbing, soul-sucking desk job and make money doing something I love. Just around the time I graduated, the economy tanked and I’m still at the desk job – mindless and soulless – hoping for a miracle. If you’re ever down by me, stop by, I’ll give you a facial, wax your hairy bits, whatever!
2. Dolls ~ I have a display cabinet with dolls in it. Not those creepy old porcelain dolls, They scare the beejesus out of me. I have Madame Alexander dolls that go back to the 1950’s. Not a lot of them but a few special ones. I also have a small collection of Living Dead Dolls and a couple of Barbie dolls. I have a Bloomingdale’s Barbie and The Birds Barbie. I wish I’d kept my original Barbie’s, I’d be rich! I also have some original Troll Dolls. I can’t part with them even though they are going for big bucks on eBay.
3. Sewing machine ~ Yup. I know how to sew, with a machine and by hand. Back in the day, schools taught Home Economics. You learned how to cook, sew, iron, and be good wife type things. I took four years of Home Ec. It was an easy A. I don’t like to sew clothing. I like “crafty” things, like my Zombie Mommies.
4. More books. I read a lot.
5. Part of my skull collection ~ In addition to dolls and certain teddy bears; I also have an ever growing skull collection. I find bones, particularly, skulls fascinating. I tend to like the dark side of things in general.
6. Jewelry making paraphernalia. ~ Beads, chain, charms, tools, wire – you name it, I got it. Right now I’m working on some necklaces made with chandelier crystals. They’re pretty cool if I do say so myself!
7. Stitching supplies. ~ I am multi-crafty. In addition to the sewing, I can also do needlework. Cross stitch, needlepoint, and hardanger. Stitching is very relaxing because I have to concentrate on the chart; it keeps all the noise in my head away.
8. My itty-bitty flat screen TV. ~ I have to have a television in the room. I’m addicted to TV. I’ll watch Law & Order and Bones reruns over and over again. My newest show to watch is Gene Simmons Family Jewels on A&E. He just cracks me up. This little TV is also a DVD player so I can catch up on True Blood and Dexter while I sew or make jewelry!
9. I have a very old pair of pinking shears hanging on the wall behind my sewing machine. They came from the company my father worked for before he died. He was a salesman for a woolen company in New York. The pinking shears were used to cut yardage. He had brought them home for my mother who also liked to sew. The shears are a keepsake from both of my parents. Even though my father died when I was very young and my mother was a bitch on wheels, I still have sentimental feelings about them now and again.
10. The closet. ~ This is where my leather corset, skirt, dress and bra are kept. Also my boned, satin under bust corset. And where my floggers and Wartenberg wheel are hidden along with my tiny porn collection. I don’t care much for porn, just can’t really get into it. Now erotica is different – I do love to read erotica!
So, now you know 10 Things About Me that you probably really didn’t want to know! I’m not going to tag anyone but if you want to let us know about YOU! feel free to steal the button and have at it. Let me know if you do!
Thank you Sage and Beryl for giving me the award and wanting to know more about me!
Thank you to everyone who bought something from my Etsy shop in the last two weeks. We were able to raise $75.00 to send to "Boo".